Monday, July 20, 2009

Condensed Milk Reeses Cookies

Condensed milk tastes pretty good. I could eat it straight out of the can. I considered just eating it straight after I made my caramel and chocolate bars, but I decided that wasn't the best idea. However, what to do with a little over a half cup of condensed milk? I rifled through my recipe books and came up with nothing, except maybe one recipe that needed a full can. So I decided to do a food blog search and came up with Madhuram's Eggless Cooking's Eggless crispy chocolate chip cookies using condensed milk.

Not really in the mood for plain old chocolate chip cookies, I went to the supermarket in search of a different filling. I decided on Reese's, as I hadn't had any in the longest time nor had I ever had any in a cookie. They turned out really weird looking...I think I should have flattened them out a bit before I put them in the oven since they had no eggs to help them spread. They tasted pretty amazing though, crispy on the outside and super soft on the inside. They were definitely different than your typical chocolate chip cookies, but they were also definitely really, really good.



Condensed Milk Reeses Cookies, slightly adapted from Madhuram's Eggless Cooking 's Eggless crispy chocolate chip cookies
(Makes about 30 cookies)

1 1/2 sticks softened butter
3/8 cup granulated sugar
3/8 cup sweetened condensed milk
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups and 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
3/4 tsp baking powder
8 Reeses cups, crushed into medium to small pieces

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and grease baking sheets.
2. Beat butter and sugar together in large bowl until pale and creamy (about 5 minutes).
3. Pour in condensed milk and vanilla and beat until combined.
4. In a separate bowl, mix the flour and baking powder until combined.
5. Stir flour mixture in and add the Reeses cups. Don't use the electric mixer on this part.
6. Make each cookie using a tablespoon of dough and MAKE SURE TO FLATTEN IT (which I forgot).
7. Bake for about 15 minutes or until golden brown.
8. Let cookies stand 5 minutes on baking sheet so they can harden. Then let cool completely on a plate or wire rack, depending on your preference.

No comments:

Post a Comment